Hello friends and welcome to my blog.
What was chemistry, St. Louis and the world like in 1907 ? There have been a lot of changes in the world since then.
Many inventions, leaders, kingdoms, empires, countries, and political movements have come and gone since 1907.
In 2007, I was asked by my friend and chair of the St. Louis section of the American Chemical Society (ACS, the largest scientist society in the world with a Congressional Charter as well) to do research for an article for the hundredth anniversary of our section.
I interviewed my grandmother, who was 97 at the time. Well I got a little carried away and the result is this blog.
- Why is Matisse my favorite painter? (mysterysim.wordpress.com)
- 1986 Venezuela Our Last Stop 4/4 (mrted57.wordpress.com)
- Ted Gast is an American artist (mysterysim.wordpress.com)
- Is St. Louis the next Detroit? (Not in my view) (stltoday.com)
- What to do if your dog gets ‘skunked’ wins American Chemical Society video contest (canadafreepress.com)