What was that POST about, yesterday?
* Munich Oktoberfest starts Today.
* The Munich Oktoberfest takes place on the Wiesn or fairground. Where the six largest breweries set up tents with brass bands and carnival rides. Originally a wedding celebration the party have lasted 200 years. * Well, a German Maas is one liter of beer at the Oktoberfest in Munich, that costs 10 euros. That’s $12.00.
* People complain they don’t get a full serving. Less than 15% of patrons state they get a proper fill, with more than half the glass being foam. This is a big problem since the size of the draft is regulated by the Bavarian government. Some patrons reported getting less than a full Ausschank/fill.
* This is nothing new. People have complained about this for years, but it seems to be getting worse, not better.
* This is what a good fill looks like
- It’s tapped! Munich’s 180th Oktoberfest opens (metronews.ca)
- It’s tapped! The beer starts flowing at Munich’s annual Oktoberfest (thestar.com)
- The Dirndl Code: Expert Tips for a Rollicking Oktoberfest (spiegel.de)